Sunday 8 July 2012

Extreme Platters Unique Service Ware


A UNIQUE piece of glass is being served up to art-lovers

A Pioneering design for extreme platters, which double up as serving ware and works of art.

Three feet long and fashioned from beautiful glass, the bespoke creations can form the centrepiece of a table of goodies, and when not in use hang resplendent on the wall.

Nowadays so many people entertain at home and I wanted to create something that could be used practically in the home but also had the wow factor as a piece of art.

They can be a real talking point when friends are round.

I like big and chunky as I like them to have presence. This is the biggest thing I have ever made for the home and as far as I know I am the first to do this.

The extreme platters can be made in any colour to match interior décor. They are constructed using fibreboard cut into various shapes and sizes to create moulds for the glass making each platter totally individually, numbered and signed.

The extreme platters are available to buy from £150 and can be viewed in the Crushed Chilli gallery and glass studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment